Re: Do you want to volunteer?

Post by Maclurv »

I will do Ozymandias!

Pat

So, how does this work?
Maclurv

Post by Maclurv »

If what I have done so far on Ozymandias is okay, I would be willing to do Ashes, Ashes.

Pat
sonnetcxxiii

Post by sonnetcxxiii »

Hello!

I'm new....and yes!

I've been re-watching S1, and do you still need "China Moon" or "Fever" transcribed? I saw those weren't on the website. I can do either.

Also, how much in regards to extra comments do you want in the transcript? Like camera direction, transitions, descriptions of tone for dialogue, ect?

Just let me know. Thanks! 8)
Last edited by sonnetcxxiii on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

Hi Emily, and welcome.

So nice that a newbie’s (you're a newbie to fandom, yes?) first idea is volunteering for something at service of fandom! Thank you.

No, China Moon and Fever have been already transcribed, they need editing. (In the post “List of episodes needing work”, you can see what episodes need what) Normally, somebody transcribes and others edit the rough transcription, which is supposed to be as “dry” as possible, with the dialogue lines and the bare descriptions of movements. Editing means comparing the transcription with the episode, correct any mistakes, and add/complete the scenes with descriptions (which should remain as essential and neutral as possible, as transcriptions are neither scripts nor fic) using as a pattern one of the transcriptions on the site BatBforever, such as, for exemple, Ozymandias or A Happy Life.

If you want, I can send you the transcription of China Moon for editing. You can try a couple scenes and I'll tell you if it's okay so that you can continue.

That said, what about telling us something more about yourself? Nice nick, by the way! I’ve created a topic for this
Board index > Welcome > Introduce yourself.

I look forward to hearing from you!

S - moderator
sonnetcxxiii

Post by sonnetcxxiii »

222333 wrote:So nice that a newbie’s (you're a newbie to fandom, yes?) first idea is volunteering for something at service of fandom! Thank you.
Awww, thanks! Yep I am, and not a problem.

Oh I got ya. Well, I'll help edit or transcribe whatever is next on deck. Sure, China Moon is fine! Yeah, I checked out some previous transcripts and they are "dry" as you say. That's the difference between transcript and script I guess, haha. Do you send in through this forum, or is there like a Google Docs account?

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to post in the welcome thread as well.
Last edited by sonnetcxxiii on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

Emily wrote:Do you send in through this forum, or is there like a Google Docs account?
I have just sent the rough transcription to your email address. Please confirm you have received it.

S
sonnetcxxiii

Post by sonnetcxxiii »

Got it! :) Thanks!
Maclurv

Post by Maclurv »

I'm ready for something! How about A Gentle Rain?

Pat
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

I have the dialogue transcribed for A Gentle Rain.
Would you add the "action"?

S
Maclurv

Post by Maclurv »

Yes, please!

Return to “Do you want to volunteer?”