The Conversation Draft 1

Site Admin

Re: The Conversation Draft 1

Post by 222333 »

“Catherine, I have been hearing all this all my life. Protection. Keep you safe. That's what a parent can say, not a partner. We both must learn it: and we did, the hard way, didn’t we? Paracelsus was long ago; you almost died that time, and Winslow gave his life for our love to live. Yes, last April night you acted on what your heart told you. And I lost you. You died. I felt you go. No, you shouldn’t act on what your heart tells you… if my heart does not agree. Yes, we both would risk our lives for the other. But we must remember that our lives are not ours only… not any more.”

-
Maclurv

Post by Maclurv »

"Then tell me Vincent, if I had asked you not to face the Tong alone, would you have listened and acted on that wish? My heart was crying out for you not to go alone, one against so many. Sometimes our obligations override our hearts - you have obligations to those you love Below and the safety of your refuge; I have obligations to those I help through my work Above. So we do what we must and we do what we can to make those occasions safer. But you are correct: our lives are not just our own anymore. And that's why I want to move forward, to join my life, my love, with yours. To be separately together, that is no life for either of us, Vincent. After all this time, why can't we move forward?"
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

"Those words, Catherine... those words are burned in my heart. Come back to me, you said. It was unexpected. That was the moment I felt I was not mine any more. My loyalty was not to the tunnels only. Everything was still so new. And I did want to come back to you, in that moment you gave me an incredible new perspective. I have been very, very careful ever since, much more than before. And… I risked my life for you, time and again, gladly, as you have become the most important part of my life, no matter what the… obligations to my tunnel life were. Ask Father… his hair has become grayer at an increased pace since we met. That’s what I ask of you too. To become the most important part of your life. Not because you are willing to give your life for me, I’m fed up with protection and feeling safe and people worrying for me! I want to feel that whatever you do, you first think – what would Vincent want me to do? That’s what I want. And I feel ashamed to want it, to ask it of you! That’s too much… too much… for anyone, and especially for a child of darkness like I am. You are not yet ready to do it, your life in the light – in the freedom to think and do and decide on your own, to risk and rush into whatever you deem worthy – comes first. What you really want of me, Catherine, is to join our bodies. I do too… oh, you can’t even imagine how much I want it. But what I really want of you, my love, is to join our souls, first. Or I will be forever trapped in a hunger devouring me, forever depending on your willingness to allow me yourself when and if your… obligations do not 'override your heart'. That’s why I’m hesitant to… move forward."

-

Return to “WD4 - draft”